Who we are?
We are a group of 632 NGOs registered Civil Society organizations. Our dream is to have a strong and vibrant civil society in Tanzania, in which NGOs play an active and effective role in promoting people-centered development. As a group, we aim at increasing the quality and quantity contribution of the NGO sector in development. In order to have more impact, we are organized in an association, TANGO, which is registered as an NGO itself since 1989.
You can download several document/maretials below:-
As an Association we are assigned by our members to fulfill five functions: Coordination of NGOs, Representation of NGOs, serve as a platform for information exchange, build the organizational capacity of Member Organizations and perform lobbying and advocacy activities to create conducive environment for NGOs.
ENJOY THE FOLLOWING OPPORTUNITIES:
· Be part of the largest Tanzanian NGO umbrella organization
· Benefit from the many international relations of TANGO to which you can be linked.
· Participate in the NGO leader’s forum and other coalitions and networks
· Have your work published through the same media channels
· Enjoy the benefits of working in harmony and partnership with like-minded organizations.
· Where possible, TANGO will give its Member Organizations priority to participate in meetings, seminars, training programs and workshops.
· Get access to the World Wide Web via our focal points and possibly in the future on an individual basis.
· Participate in Capacity Building activities organized by TANGO for individual member NGOs or for regional and district umbrella organizations.
· Remain informed on a variety of development related issues through our own media channels, such as Semezana, Civil Society Brief, TANGO website, the TANGO resource center and the regular media channels through our media relation services.
· Have your voice heard in a united front at national and international for a on subjects such as National NGO Policy and legal framework, Constitutional reforms, Local Government Reforms, General Elections, Strategies for Eradication of Impoverishment and other policy issues, Conventions and agreements locally, nationally and internationally.
YOUR OBLIGATIONS ARE LIMITED BUT IMPORTANT:
By becoming a member of TANGO you:
· Commit yourself to participate in the Annual General Meeting.
· Abide to the TANGO and NGOs Code of Ethics
· Commit yourself to participate in and contribute to activities of your interest, organized by TANGO.
· Mandate TANGO to represent you in national and international for a dealing with issues of general NGO interest
· Pay the registration fee of Tshs. 10,000/- and annual subscription of Tshs. 30,000/- before April of each year. The annual subscription fee can be paid in 3 installments of Tshs. 10,000/- each.
ALL YOU HAVE TO DO NOW IS:
Last Updated (Thursday, 16 August 2012 08:01)